- Write or draw pictures of what care your pet needs everyday, including cleaning and grooming.
- Take care of your pet’s feeding for a month.
- Make a treat for your pet – either food or a toy.
- Make up a profile of your ideal pet – what their name would be, what type of animal, where they would sleep, etc.
- Know the local laws relating to the pet you keep.
- Find out about the role of the RSPCA and what we can do to help them.
- Know what sorts of foods are healthy for your pet, and what types of foods are unhealthy.
- Write instructions for someone to look after your pet for a week.
- Know the phone number for your vet and why you take it to the vet.
- Find out about a famous animal and present the information to your unit.
- For at least 4 weeks, care for an animal, such as a chicken, lamb or calf, that is usually raised for food. Keep a daily record of what you did.
- Make a safe bird bath or bird-feeding table and observing and describing the birds that visit it.
- Find out two diseases which could affect your pet and how to prevent them.
- Tie up a pony correctly; know how to brush, saddle and bridle a pony with assistance.
- Mount and dismount and know how to get a leg up on a pony correctly.
- Be able to start, guide and stop at walk and trot without a leading rein.
- Know how to ride along and across the road and how to say ‘thank you’ while mounted.