Join Us – Become a Volunteer
Join our team of adult, female volunteers and provide opportunities for girls and young women to build confidence and resilience, meet challenges, learn team building and develop new skills.
You too will learn new things, have fun and form friendships with like-minded people.
Guides Victoria offer a variety of opportunities for volunteers – from assisting Guide groups (units) with administrative tasks, to supporting Leaders at weekly meetings or undertaking training in Leadership roles.
Share skills, time and energy in a way that suits your lifestyle.
All volunteering contributions are valued and each role supports the development of the girls.
No experience is necessary and training is provided. A Police Check and Working with Children Check are required to work with our youth members.
There are no monetary rewards, but changing lives is priceless.
Girl Guides Victoria has always had strong processes to comply with the law and ensure that the safety of the girls comes first.
The volunteer registration process involves:
- Satisfactory answers to some simple background questions
- Two satisfactory character references
- An approved Police Check (or Victorian Institute of Teachers, VIT card)
- An approved Working with Children Check (or VIT card)
- Completed member registration details
- Agreement to comply with our Code of Conduct
All of these steps must be completed prior to starting any volunteering role.