- Know 3 rules for safety on the internet.
- Be able to name the following components of a computer; monitor, CPU, keyboard, printer, mouse. Give a basic explanation of the function/purpose of each.
- Take part in 3 software programs (other than games) and be able to print out your work.
- Send your Leader an email making sure to include a subject and signature.
- Play a computer game and tell your patrol about it
- Write a list of rules for the computer room and your home computer.
- Type a document using a Wordprocessor (eg Word) or desktop publishing program (eg Publisher). Save it to a memory stick and print it out.
- Create a poster showing good behaviour around a computer.
- Find the websites of the Four World Centres (Our Chalet, Pax Lodge, Sangam and Our Cabana).
- Pick a subject and do some research using online sources such as Wikipedia. Print out your research and show it to your Leader.
- Visit the Girl Guides Victoria and Girl Guides Australia web sites. Navigate the sites to find some programming ideas you would like to try.
- Use imaging software to change the colour, shape or features of a photograph of yourself. Print the original and the changed version.
- Visit a television channel, radio station or newspaper house to see how it operates and tell the unit about your visit.
- Try typing on a manual typewriter and explain how it compares to using a computer keyboard.
- Use a computer to produce a newsletter, poster or pamphlet to promote Guiding.
Need more of a challenge?
- Make a Powerpoint presentation about an aspect of Guiding
- Make a Powerpoint presentation about your time in Guides