- Make a telephone using tin cans or plastic cups (resources)
- Sit outside, close your eyes and listen for 5 natural sounds, and 5 unnatural sounds.
- See if you can recognise patrol members by voice
- Finger spell your name using the Auslan alphabet.
- Learn the correct way to talk to a person with hearing difficulties (resources).
- Wear a blindfold and see if you can follow someone around a course by their voice.
- Organise to Play Chinese Whispers
- Think about the noises you have heard today – describe the loudest noise, most continuous noise, most often noise, most surprising noise, friendliest noise and weirdest noise you have heard.
- Make earrings for pierced and/or unpierced ears. Explain how to take care of pierced ears.
- Recognise 2 birds by their noise
- List 5 things that can damage ears or hearing, and what you can do to avoid them.
- Learn to use a public telephone correctly in case of emergency.
- Find out how the ear works.
Need more of a challenge?
- Learn to sign the Guide Promise