Girl Guide Law
All Guides abide by a set of laws that provide a framework and philosophy for living. The Guide Law encompasses the values of our Organisation within a modern world.
The wording reflects the choices our members made to cover respect, honesty, friendliness, world and environment, responsibility, empowerment and character.
The Guide Law
As a Guide I will strive to:
- Respect myself and others
- Be considerate, honest and trustworthy
- Be friendly to others
- Make choices for a better world
- Use my time and abilities wisely
- Be thoughtful and optimistic
- Live with courage and strength
Blast from the Past
Prior to July 5th 2012, the Guide Law was:
- A Guide is loyal and can be trusted.
- A Guide is helpful.
- A Guide is polite and considerate.
- A Guide is friendly and a sister to all Guides.
- A Guide is kind to animals and respects all living things.
- A Guide is obedient.
- A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties.
- A Guide makes good use of her time.
- A Guide takes care of her own possessions and those of other people.
- A Guide is self-controlled in all she thinks, says and does.