- 3 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 cup lemonade
- Butter or jam and cream (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) and line tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until mostly combined (don’t overmix or the scones will be dense; the dough should be soft and fairly sticky).
- Turn mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently to bring dough together. Gently pat down (don’t roll) to a thickness of 2.5cm.
- Use a 6cm round cutter to cut rounds; press straight up and down (don’t twist).
- Place on a lined baking tray , slightly touching each other (they help each other rise).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- Serve warm from the oven or halved with jam and fresh cream
Guides love making Lemonade Scones, both indoors and outdoors. If using a box oven, cook until golden on the top.
There are many variations of this recipe regarding ingredients, quantities, cooking time and spacing on tray. This one is tried and tested and works well. Other variations include adding cheese for a savory option. Yum.
Share your recipe
Our Guides contributed recipes, cooked recipes in a mug and earned a special badge.
You could try one of the recipes already tested by our Guides or something completely different.
Feel free to send us your favourite mug recipe and we will add it to the collection to share with other Guides.