- 30g butter
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) golden syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tbls milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g self raising flour
- vanilla icecream to serve
- Lightly grease two 375ml microwave safe mugs.
- Place the butter in a small bowl and microwave on high for 10 seconds or until melted
- Use a fork to lightly whisk the egg in a bowl.
- Whisk in the golden syrup, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add melted butter and whisk until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between the prepared mugs.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 20 seconds or until puffed and firm to touch.
- Drizzle half the golden syrup over each cake and top with icecream then drizzle extra golden syrup to serve
Share your recipe
Our Guides contributed recipes, cooked recipes in a mug and earned a special badge.
You could try one of the recipes already tested by our Guides or something completely different.
Feel free to send us your favourite mug recipe and we will add it to the collection to share with other Guides.