Guide Church Parade
Special Church Service for Guiding Families
This Sunday, a special church service is being held for for all Guides and their families.
At the end of the service a special yellow rose will be planted to reproduce the act of Brownie Guides (now known as Junior Guides) in 1975 when they acknowledged 50 years of Brownies in Australia.
Wear – full uniform
Time – 9:45am for 10:00am service
Organiser – Margaret. 0407 501 724
Also a good opportunity for Guides to visit a place of worship. Church elders will be available for a tour and discussion. This can contribute to various badges, such as:
- Candles create-a-challenge
- Faith Awareness explore-a-challenge
- Discover-a- Challenge syllabus
- Junior BP Award – visit a different place of worship with a friend or adult who can tell you something new about this place. Share what you have found out with your Unit.’
- BP Award – visit various places of worship and investigate the differences and similarities of each. Present your findings in an interesting way.’
Your Guide Leader will have all the details regarding this activity.
-> Follow up details after this activity
Ribbon of Gold
Back in 1975, a yellow rose was planted on the church grounds to commemorate 50 years of Brownies in Australia. This was part of a ‘Ribbon of Gold’ project that involved hundreds of Brownies planting trees and flowers with yellow hues right across Victoria. Flowering wattle trees were also planted along the fence line at Lingbogol.
The rosebush grew beautifully but was removed when improvements were made to the church buildings. The brass plaque with the Guide emblem was kept and will be re-laid when planting the new rose.
What a great opportunity to be involved in re-creating history.