Girls Rock 2017
Girls Rock is our way to start the Guiding year
- Emma Gee – With a background in Occupational Therapy and as a Stroke Survivor, Emma is a living example of what it takes to step in another’s shoes and truly bounce back in life. Emma will captivate and challenge you to consider what is possible in your own life
- The Resilience Project – focusing on how to help young Australians remain mentally healthy.
The day will offer 10 workshops hosted by external presenters:
- Facilitating girl lead Guiding
- Building effective volunteer teams
- Responding to girls and parents feedback
- Group dynamics
- Understanding more about Autism
- Winning approaches to community grants
- Building your profile with the local media
- How to coach your volunteers
- Building cultural competency in your program
- Supporting youth in tough or traumatic circumstances
- Download flyer
- Contact Guides Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 03 8606 3500
Girls Rock is open to all members of Guiding as well as parents, friends and supporters of Guiding.
The cost of event includes morning tea and lunch and free parking is available at the venue.
Register online. Applications close Sunday 15 January 2017