Elizabeth Elliott is Professor in Paediatrics and Child Health at the University of Sydney and Consultant Paediatrician at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead. She is a leader in the field of evidence-based paediatrics and an internationally recognised researcher.
Her career has been dedicated to improving health and quality of life for children in Australia and beyond. She is an advocate for children, particularly disadvantaged children with rare diseases.
Elizabeth has established an international reputation for high quality laboratory, clinical and public health research and holds a prestigious senior National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Practitioner Fellowship.
Elizabeth has earned an extensive list of awards and honours, including selection for the Prime Minister’s 2020 Summit and selection as a Member of the Order of Australia in 2008. She is also a mentor to students, a skilled editor, a keen sportswoman, an educator of health professionals and an active member or Chair of many boards and committees.
She has co-authored several books on scientific writing and evidence-based paediatrics:
- Evidence Based Pediatrics and Child Health (BMJ Books 2000, 2004)
- Evidence-based Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Blackwell Books 2007)
- Evidence-based Statistics Workbook (Blackwell Books 2008)
- Scientific Writing: Easy when you know how (BMJ Books, 2002).
- Statistics Workbook for Evidence-based Health Care (John Wiley and Sons Ltd, 2008)
- Leadership for Life. 100 Women, 100 Years in Guiding. Girl Guides Australia
- The University of Sydney