Girl Guides have been selling biscuits in Australia for almost 60 years.
Annually, Australian Girl Guides sell more than 570,000 packets of Girl Guide biscuits. That’s 13 million Girl Guide biscuits being consumed !!!
Still The Same Recipe
Girl Guide Biscuits have been made using the same recipe for more than 50 years.
The original recipe was created in 1955 by biscuit manufacturers Cadbury Schweppes Hudson, then the recipe was acquired by Griffin’s. The Guide biscuits are currently being baked by an Australian biscuit manufacturer – Modern Baking Company (MBC), based in Melbourne.
- traditional – a classical vanilla biscuit (with an updated seven-pointed star in the GGA Trefoil)
- triple choc – a chocolate biscuit with chocolate chips and a soft filled chocolate centre
- shortbread – gluten free shortbread-style biscuit
Where Does The Money Go?
The funds raised are used to support Girl Guide programs. Proceeds are used to:
- help with local Guiding activities, camps and events
- purchase supplies and program materials
- support disadvantaged girls to enjoy Guiding
- provide training and support for Girl Guides Leaders
- support international Guiding events
as per Girl Guides Australia
Our biscuits even have their own website.
Grab your own packet
To purchase packets of Guide Biscuits in Ballarat, please contact Margaret on 53324270.