Premier Active April Challenge
The Premier’s Active April program is an annual Victorian Government project to promote healthy and active lifestyles and to present opportunities to increase physical activity.
The Australian Girl Program has a ‘physical’ element that encourages being active, healthy and strong and participating in activities. There are sooo many things that we can all be doing to incorporate 30 minutes of physical activity into each day.
All you need to do is register as a participant, then log your hours of physical activity. Easy.
Plus, there are benefits for participants that include
- 10 free swim sessions at the Ballarat Aquatic Centre
- a 2-for-1 ticket for entry to the Melbourne Aquarium
Register for Active April
If you have already registered, skip to “Join the Girl Guide Team”
- Visit the Active April website
- Select the REGISTER button. Or if you participated last year, you can just choose RETURNING FROM 2016? and update automatically.
- You can register each member of your family and add them all to our team. Encourage friends and family too. Everybody benefits from physical activity.
Join the Girl Guide Team
- Select the TEAMS menu navigation item
- Locate the REQUEST TO JOIN A TEAM section
- Where prompted, enter the “Team ID” as girl-guides-ballarat the select the JOIN TEAM button.
Print your card
- Select the CARD menu navigation item
- Click on the picture of your card then click on the GENERATE CARD button
- Click on the picture of your card then click on the DOWNLOAD CARD button
This will download a pdf version of your card that you can print out and present at the Aquatic Centre for free swimming sessions.
Track your Time
- After April 1, select the TRACKER menu navigation item
- Record the time spent on physical activities
Let’s all see how much time we can accumulate for the Ballarat Girl Guides team.
This might also be the perfect opportunity to work on a fitness related interest badge. Check out the syllabus for some ideas.