This badge is designed by author Rachele Alpine to complement a book designed for grade 3-8. It is based on the concept that:
trying new things can have amazing results.
- Read the book called Friday Night Stage Lights
- Try three new things (just like main character of the book)
- Write about your experience on the special Friday Night Stage Light Chart
- You can even send your chart to Rachele. She loves to hear from her readers and is keen to answer any questions you have about the book, or writing in general.
Friday Night Stage Lights
Brooklyn Gartner eats, sleeps, and breathes ballet. But after her mom gets remarried and moves them to Texas, everything changes. Thanks to her star football player stepbrother, her family is football obsessed. And thanks to a new conditioning program, the middle school football team starts to take classes at her dance studio—the only place Brooklyn felt like she belonged.
She has a chance to escape if she can get into her dream high school, The Texas School of the Arts, where she’ll be able to pursue her passion for dance. Brooklyn just has to get through the big All-City showcase first, where a ton of scouts will be there, including one from TSOTA.
But when Brooklyn’s dance partner gets injured, she has to turn to an unexpected ally—Logan, a boy on the middle school football team—to help her get through the showcase. With some fancy footwork, teamwork and a little understanding, can Brooklyn make her mark, and dance her way onto a bigger stage?
- Download the special Friday Night Stage Light Chart
- Badge details
- Contact Rachele or order badges
- Purchase the book from Book Depository with free shipping