Decorating the Tram
November 10, 2018
Recycling and re-purposing
11th Ballarat Guides have made flowers to help decorate the tram that will be in operation for next year’s Ballarat Begonia Festival.
The flowers the girls made will be joined with those made by other community members and museum volunteers. It is estimated that about 3000 or 4000 flowers will be needed to decorate the tram, but potentially up to 8000.
The floral tram was used in the Begonia Festivals in 1938 and 1939, covered with colourful wax paper flowers.
The team at the Ballarat Tramway Museum have been running regular sessions to teach a variety of flower-making skills. The last workshop for the year is Sunday, November 11. 1:00-3:00
-> more details
- Ballarat Tramway Museum
- article in Ballarat Courier, Recreating Ballarat’s floral tram for Begonia Festival
- Floral Tram Project – sheet 1
- Floral Tram Project – sheet 2
- Floral Tram Project – sheet 3
- Floral Tram Project – sheet 4