Girl Guides @ Sydney Jamboree
September 29, 2018
Creating Guiding Memories
We have just waved off a bus laden with 26 Girls Guides, all headed to the International Jamboree in Sydney. The Ballarat bus was transporting girls and Leaders from Maryborough, Sebastopol, Ballarat, Castlemaine, Mount Alexander, Warracknabeal and Bacchus Marsh.
The girls will arrive tomorrow morning in time for the official start of the Jamboree (Sunday, September 30) and will camp during the holidays until next Saturday, October 6th. For this special week, the Sydney Olympic Park- Newington Armory will be home to 1500 Girl Guides.
The Jamboree is available to all Australian Guide youth members aged 10+ as well as overseas participants. Guides will arrive from Scotland, Singapore, Japan, UK, Canada …… it’s going to be BIG !!!
This camp is guaranteed to be an incredible experience for our Ballarat Guides. We can’t wait to hear the details of the Guiding memories that they are currently creating.
After the opening ceremony, the Guides will enjoy activities such as:
- An orientation challenge
- International and GGA state displays
- Environmental and Science activities
- Guiding and WAGGGS connections
- Aboriginal cultural activities
- Australia Wildlife
- Race Around Sydney
- Bridge Climb
- Offsite Expeditions
- Challenges, skills, games, service, craft, physical activity etc.
- Guides Own
- Displays from organisations which encourage strong female roles – Defence/Policing/Transport
- Minute to win it challenges/ Dance party/ Movies/ Astronomy/ Bush dancing
- Girls night out
- Traditional Jamboree night time activities