Costs and Fundraising Ideas
This cost covers:
- camping fee
- camp kit (polo shirt, hat, drink bottle, bag, badge)
- transport during camp
- camping facilities
- entertainment etc.
Costs are in Australian Dollars (AUD)
Guides and Adults will be travelling to and from camp as part of a State Contingent. Contingent costs will cover travel as well as other small costs. This is set by the State Organisations.
Expeditions for Guides 14-17
Some overnight expeditions may carry an extra cost. The camp team aims to provide a range of options for girls to choose from, most at no extra cost.
Let's promote your fundraiser
There are no doubt hundred of Guides and Units across Australia fundraising to help cover the costs of the Jamboree.
If you think others will be able to assist (such as by purchasing fundraising badges or attending an event), provide the details so that we can help each other.
We'll create a special page to promote everybody's fundraiser.
We will be sharing ideas on how Guides may go about fundraising to support their trip to Kani-Karrung.
If you would like to share your ideas please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some ideas that are appearing on the Girl Guide Program Ideas page include
- Cooking dough sales - cookiedough.com.au
- Jolly Soles socks - jollysoles.com.au
- Containers for change - girls exchange drink containers for cash (QLD)
- High Tea - sell tickets, have a guest speaker, docorate the tables and enjoy or talk to a local cafe and sell tickets to attend
- Craft fair or car boot sale at your hall - gold donation to enter, stall holders pay to have a table/boot
- Trade night - invite people like Tupperware to come along
- Make Beeswax wraps and sell them
- Plant some herb seedlings and sell them when they grow
- Ask a local restaurant to do a set menu for a good price and charge $10 more and provide a speaker or entertainment
- Approach your local RSL branch or local Council for a grant towards the girls attending
- Talk to your local Domino Pizza store as they sometimes do a Wednesday night dough for $$ where they will donate an amount for every pizza sold to an organisation
- Try your local Grill'd restuarant - they do a locals jar to assist units
- Auction off services of the girls for gardening or household chores - keeping safety in mind
- Lamington drive - purchase sponge slabs from Woolies and cut, dip and roll them. Purchase cake boxes for delivery
- Catalogue fundraisers
- Trivia night - ask local businesses or parents for donations
- Pie orders
If considering any sort of raffle, please check with your State Office as regulations are different in every State.