Leadership Award for Service to Guiding
Karen Chatto – Asia Pacific Leadership Award Service to Guiding
Girl Guides and volunteer Leaders of Ballarat District wish to congratulate Karen Chatto on being awarded the Asia Pacific Leadership Award Service to Guiding. Karen was acknowledged with the award in 2021 and presented with the certificate and pin at the 2022 Girl Guide Victoria Awards Ceremony.
Through the Asia Pacific Leadership Awards, the Region hopes to provide incentive and motivation for adults who:
- are effective role models in their areas of service
- have given outstanding contributions in their areas of service
- have acquired a high level of self-development that has enabled them to provide quality Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting
Each region within the Asia Pacific can apply for only 5 awards for Service to Girl Guiding each year.
The criteria for this award involves:
- being employed or a volunteer by a Member Organisation for at least 5 years
- having consistently performed the responsibilities of the role at a level above and beyond normal expectations
- significantly contributing to the promotion of Asia Pacific and WAGGGS within and outside the organisation
- being a role model to other staff/volunteers
Karen has been involved in Guiding since age 7 at local, State, National and International levels. She helped re-establish Guiding in Myanmar is at present helping to organise the Asia Pacific Conference.