Our mission is to enable girls and young women to grow into confident, self-respecting, responsible community members.
Guides Australia is part of a worldwide network which has more than 10 million members in 140 different countries.
For 100 years, Guiding has been helping many thousands of girls and young women develop strong personal values, self-confidence, responsibility and leadership skills.
Guiding provides activities for girls regardless of racial background or religious beliefs. The Guiding program is flexible, allowing for the varying maturity of each individual girl.
Guiding is an all-female, girl-centred organisation that ensures the girls have the freedom, space, time and support to reach their full potential.
Research has shown that many girls learn more effectively in an all-female environment. Development of self-esteem and confidence is enhanced within secure surroundings, with strong women as positive role models.
- Make a commitment to the Guide Promise
- Develop self-confidence and self-respect in a supportive peer group
- Are heard and have their opinions considered
- Learn and grow in a non-competitive environment
- Experience fun and friendship
- Are challenged and introduced to new adventures
- Participate and grow in a non-formal educational program
- Contribute to the development of the program
- Gain leadership and life skills
- Experience the outdoors
- Develop an understanding and respect for other people, cultures and traditions
- Use their new skills to benefit the wider community