Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry Recipe
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 green chillies, finely diced
- 1″/2 cm of ginger finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 14oz/400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 14oz/400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 14oz/400g tin coconut milk
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chopped onion and cook on a medium heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the green chilli, ginger and garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, taking care not to burn. Then,add the chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and sugar and cook for a further minute stirring constantly.
- Pour in the tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk, stir well, then add the cauliflower. Simmer for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through, but not soft. Add a little stock or water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Check the seasoning, and add salt and/or pepper as required, then stir through the spinach until it just starts to wilt. Serve with cooked rice, and/or Naan bread or chapattis