Earth Hour Activities
This week a local Girl Guide unit organised a belated Earth Hour activity. Heaters, lighting and all things electrical were turned off for the night and the girls enjoyed an evening of darkness.
The Guides were rugged up in coats and beanies and enjoyed a variety of activities by torch light:
- Guide Ring illuminated only by glowsticks
- lighting candles for cooking marshmallows and smores
- bowling with glow-in-the-dark pins
- an introduction to light painting
- learning to finger-knit by the light of a torch
The Guides (and Leaders) had a great night and learnt some new skills.