The Lingbogol Guide Camp is the much-loved camping site of local Girl Guides. Situated in a bush-setting in Creswick, it is the ideal venue for camping and outings.
Lingbogol provides facilities for both indoor and outdoor camping
- fully equipped kitchen for self catering
- shower and toilet facilities
- indoor bunk-style accommodation for 35
- full camping equipment available
- space for 40 outdoor camping
For bookings or enquiries, contact Dossie on 53341451.
Tax-deductible donations may be made at anytime for the purpose of the upkeep and maintenance of Lingbogol.
Lingbogol was officially opened in 1953, although it was in use several years before that date.
The camp honours Lillian Ling, the Guide Leader who started the 2nd Ballarat Guide unit in 1922. As Region Commissioner she believed that camping was an essential part of the Guide program and so started a project to establish a camp site for the Ballarat Region in 1946. When she died in 1948, the Lillian Ling Guide Camp project carried on.
Ling is the name of the Leader we commemorate.
Bogol is an Aboriginal name for camp.
The Kathleen Hillman Memorial Barbecue honours Ms Hillman, who organised the ablutions block (1976), the renovations of the Lingbogol kitchen, and the ceilings and windows of Karingal.
Lingbogol survived the Creswick bushfires of 1977 with only damages to fencing. However, the main building and all the contents were lost to a fire July 4th 1983, the result of either an electrical fault or a spark in the chimney.
With the help of all Guide members (both young and old), service clubs, parents, friends of Guiding and the Shire, a new building was opened in 1986.